Yukio Futatsugi is the director of Panzer Dragoon and Panzer Dragoon Saga, and was the head of Team Andromeda. Futatsugi was 23 years old when he took over Team Andromeda and 25 when the original Panzer Dragoon game was released in 1995.. He currently works at his own development studio, Grounding Inc, which developed Crimson Dragon.
Yukio Futatsugi read The Long Afternoon On Earth by Brian Aldiss during his childhood. In the novel, humans struggle to survive, as vegetation spreads, devouring all animal life in its wake. The Long Afternoon On Earth was an early inspiration for Panzer Dragoon.
Futatsugi found Panzer Dragoon Saga to not only be the hardest Panzer Dragoon game to make, but also the toughest project he has ever worked on.
- Polygon - Panzer Dragoon Saga: An oral history
- Eurogamer - Flying through life: Meet the man behind Panzer Dragoon
- Destructoid - Panzer Dragoon Retrospective: Part I: The Beginning
- Panzer Dragoon Saga – 1998 Developer Interview originally featured in the AZEL -Panzer Dragoon RPG- strategy guide
- Yukio Futatsugi on Wikipedia
- Yukio Futatsugi on Panzer Dragoon Legacy
- Panzer Dragoon Classic Game Postmortem at GDC 2019
- USgamer - Panzer Dragoon Creator Reveals the Original Idea for the Series, and It's Even Weirder Than You'd Expect
- Kotaku - How Panzer Dragoon Defined The Sega Saturn Era
- USgamer - The Big Panzer Dragoon Interview: “It Really Makes Me Think Again About How Incredible Sega Was at the Time”
- Panzer Dragoon World - Interview: Yukio Futatsugi has ambitions about the future of the Panzer Dragoon series
- Limited Run Games - Panzer Dragoon: Looking Back at the Original, 25 Years Later
- 1up.com - Ultimate Panzer Dragoon Retrospective
|Panzer Dragoon series|
|Original series||Panzer Dragoon (PC conversion • Sega Ages 2500 Series Vol. 27) • II Zwei • Saga • Orta|
|Remakes||Panzer Dragoon: Remake • II Zwei: Remake • Voyage Record|
|Handheld games||Mini • Tiger Electronics|
|Non-Panzer Dragoon games||Crimson Dragon • Crimson Dragon: Side Story|
|Developers||Team Andromeda • Smilebit • Land Ho • MegaPixel Studio • Wildman, Inc|
|Publishers||Sega • Forever Entertainment • TA Publishing • Wildman, Inc|
|Staff||Yukio Futatsugi • Tomohiro Kondo • Akihiko Mukaiyama • Haruto Watanabe|